Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Man's Corporate Plot Against Alaskans

Today, I had some errands to run on my lunch break, so I thought I would swing by Subway for a delightful footlong BMT. Yeah, I said "footlong." Don't judge. Anyhow, I started singing that "Five dollar footlong" jingle from the Subway commercial in my head as I approached the line at the door. So you can imagine my shock when I came across THIS:









"THIS" would have been a picture of a "SIX DOLLAR footlong" Subway sign, were I not afraid of being sued for copyright infringement. Or if I actually carried a camera with me everywhere I went. I think I may have verbalized my shock - I can neither confirm nor deny that - because a few people in line just shrugged and said, "That's just Alaska." What? Where's the outrage? And before you start reminding me that we get paid to live here, let me remind you that, in turn, we pay at least an extra dollar per gallon than the lower 48 to fill up our cars, so that check we get every year is a wash.

Oh, but there are other entities trying to pull a fast one on us: That cool "No late fees. Ever." offer from Blockbuster? That exists everywhere in America, except for Alaska. The $1 menu at McDonald's? We have a $1.50 menu. I'm sure there's more. I'll report them as I see them.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

you could move closer...

Patricia said...

I second that...although then your blog title would be seriously misleading....

Devon said...

Damn! Alaskan resident held in limbo by own blog title.